Bazel Build & Run issue reemerged -

I just downloaded and extracted a fresh copy of Isaac SDK from the downloads site. Extracted. Installed dependencies. Installed Bazel.

Changed into the sdk/ directory.

Ran:

bazel run //apps/tutorials/ping

Get:

[INFO 13:50:32.185 src/main/cpp/option_processor.cc:395] Looking for the following rc files: /etc/bazel.bazelrc,/home/coach/Documents/isaac/sdk/.bazelrc,/home/coach/.bazelrc
[INFO 13:50:32.185 src/main/cpp/rc_file.cc:56] Parsing the RcFile /etc/bazel.bazelrc
[INFO 13:50:32.185 src/main/cpp/rc_file.cc:56] Parsing the RcFile /home/coach/Documents/isaac/sdk/.bazelrc
[INFO 13:50:32.185 src/main/cpp/rc_file.cc:56] Parsing the RcFile /home/coach/Documents/isaac/sdk/../.bazelrc
[FATAL 13:50:32.185 src/main/cpp/blaze.cc:1290] Unexpected error reading .blazerc file '/home/coach/Documents/isaac/sdk/../.bazelrc'

@hemals wrote about this in a similar topic. It appears this issue has come back to the surface.

I get this running in the /engine as well

Also running from the root directory fails.

.bazelrc files are present in sdk and engine directories.

I have the solution to my own problem!

I extract the tar file in place in the downloads directory. Then I move all the files to the documents/isaac directory. Low and behold that bazel rc file doesn’t ransfer along with the rest of the docs. So I had to manually move it over.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.