BCT Binary generation

In Linux_for_Tegra_tk1/bootloader/ardbeg/BCT/ directory, DDR3 timing config files are there.
E.g. PM375_Hynix_2GB_H5TC4G63AFR_RDA_924MHz.cfg

Need to modify the DDR3 timing file and generate the new BCT binary file.

Could not find the information i.e. which tool is used to generate the BCT binary file and
how can I pass the information as boot memory config, boot loader location, odm data and etc to get
the proper BCT binary file.

nvflash tool has the options as: buildbct. But not sure how to pass the above information.

Please help.

Hi BalajiNP,

PM375_Hynix_2GB_H5TC4G63AFR_RDA_924MHz.cfg can be used as BCT.cfg directly when use nvflash to download, no need to convert to binary file.
You can find how to generate .cfg in TegraK1_MemoryCharacterization_AppNote which is contained in the shmoo package.

Thanks for the reply.

The doubt is:
PM375_Hynix_2GB_H5TC4G63AFR_RDA_924MHz.cfg file contains only the DDR3 timing parameters and does not contain other values such as: boot memory config, boot loader location, odm data and etc.

Then how can the tool generates the proper BCT file? This is confusing me a lot. Please help.

Hello,
BCT contains the sdram initialization parameters required for each platform, which is included in the CFG file you mentioned.

You can check the boot sequence in TK1 datasheet for more information.

br
ChenJian