Black screen on main laptop screen OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Linux

I have Monster Abra A5 V13.4 which has GTX 1050TI and Intel HD Graphics. When I install and use drivers (515.65.01) Linux doesn’t see my laptop’s integrated monitor but it is not disabled and I see a _ on the top left of the screen (it looks like a prompt screen but it is empty) and If I don’t use drivers then I can’t use my main screen which is an external monitor.

xrandr --listproviders: ─╯

Providers: number : 1
Provider 0: id: 0x1b7; cap: 0x0 (); crtcs: 4; outputs: 1; associated providers: 0; name: NVIDIA-0
    output HDMI-0

xrandr --listactivemonitors:

Monitors: 1
 0: +*HDMI-0 1920/477x1080/268+0+0  HDMI-0

Let me now if you can help or you need more info please.

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

1 Like

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (733.9 KB)

spci -v | grep VGA:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mobile] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

It’s a hybrid graphics notebook. Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf and create /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-outputclass.conf

Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    MatchDriver "nvidia-drm"
    Driver "nvidia"
EndSection
1 Like

Done it and rebooted now my external Monitor is not working and there is a cursor on my integrated Monitor and there is no desktop there is only one _ and a mouse cursor

Done this*

Please create a new nvidia bug-report.log

1 Like

How can I upload it lol

You could install and use use pastebinit to upload text files. Unzip the bug-report.log.

1 Like

Furthermore, you shouldn’t have used the runfile installer but the driver from suse repo, that one comes with config files.

1 Like

Pastebin is banned in my country, I dont believe it can upload it to Pastebin do you have any other suggestions

Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-outputclass.conf

Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    MatchDriver "nvidia-drm"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "PrimaryGpu" "yes"
EndSection

then reboot and check if the external monitor works again.

1 Like

Changed file, rebooted still same

I sometimes forget replying sorry about that :/

What’s happening when you delete the file and reboot?

1 Like

I see this screen

I’ve deleted xorg.conf btw not the one with 10-blabla

The xorg.conf should have been deleted from the start. If the photo is from with the outputclass still in place, please comment out the “option primarygpu” and reboot.

1 Like

I’m deleting line starts with option and rebooting right?