Black Screen Start on Ubuntu 20.04.3 - Kernel 5.11.0-34-generic x64 - GTX 760 Driver 470.63.01

Hi everyone!

I hope they are well, I create a post again with the same problem, already trying everything and I can not solve it, apparently the problem is directly related to GDM3.

Attached nvidia-bug-report and I hope you can help me or give a guide, I am still producing my video game.nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (786.6 KB)

[ 11.453687] kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:01:00): 62, pid=1359, 0c83(1800) 04001705 a5a5a5ad
[ 19.440296] kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:01:00.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x25:0x65:1250)
[ 19.440333] kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:01:00.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 0

You are getting XiD erros:
https://docs.nvidia.com/deploy/xid-errors/index.html#topic_5_2

Adapter cannot be initialized.
Re-seat the card in the PCI slot, or also try another one if possible.
Check the cabling. Check the cooling.
If errors persist, it might be broken.

Also check for a bios update, 2012 is really old.

Mart, thank you very much for your time and response, the first thing I rule out is physical damage and the “age” of the bios since with other distributions with other graphic environments it works and starts without problems, it is punctually with Ubuntu and Centos since these They use Gnome GDM3, I bet some developer put the wrong finger because I am not the only one who has the problem, in fact I sent the nvidia-bug-report to the support email that Nvidia indicates, if they never respond to that email.

Because I don’t change distribution, because I don’t have time to memorize another distribution like I have with Ubuntu or Centos, but to be honest, I think I will have to invest time to change distribution, any recommendation that has full compatibility with Davinci Resolve?

Well I don’t think so. That’s error messages of the driver. If you lookup the Xid ID, it’s either hardware error, driver error, or cooling. But if you don’t want to try my suggestions, ok for me. Just report a bug to gdm3 devs.

I tried everything you mention and it doesn’t work, the problem is between the driver, kernel and gdm3.
Because?
Simple, I installed Manjaro KDE and it did not cause any problems during installation and testing.
Why am I not using Manjaro KDE?
Simple, everything I do in Ubuntu does not work for me natively in Manjaro.