Blank screen - EVO Push buffer channel allocation failed

I decided to try an upgrade to kUbuntu 14.10 x64 to try out KDE Plasma 5. Since then, I just get a blank screens (x2) instead of the login screen. The following can be seen in the Xorg log:

To fix this, I have to SSH into my desktop and issue the following as root:

[b]service sddm stop
killall Xorg
service sddm start[/b]

I then have the login screen and all works. But if I reboot I have to repeat these steps, or I have to repeat these steps each time I turn my PC on. Damn its getting annoying. I tried rolling back to an earlier driver which did not have this problem and it is still doing the same thing. I can only assume that after doing a system update, some compatibility problem exists? 346.35 only started doing this after the update to the OS…

Still, its the nvidia driver having the Wobbly…

Nvidia driver 346.35
X server version: xorg-server 2:1.16.0-1ubuntu1.2
Kernel: Linux desktop 3.19.0-custom #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 10 22:13:25 AEDT 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Oh one more thing, I did google the EVO push error message and it seems it has come up in the past here, with some reporting that by adding "Option “UseDPLib” “off” to their xorg.conf helped as an interim measure. It has made no difference here (in case someone was about to suggest it)