Blank tty on text console with latest drivers.

310.19, twinview with two monitors and tty set to pure text mode.
When i switch to it, i just see a black screen.
wasn’t this bug solved in the past?

Does it work with some other driver? Does removing the “pcie_aspm=force” kernel command line option help? Also, is your kernel configured for a VGA text-mode console, or something else? The NVIDIA kernel module prints a message about that if it’s not, but your kernel log is filled with

“Loading kernel module for a network device with CAP_SYS_MODULE (deprecated). Use CAP_NET_ADMIN and alias netdev- instead.”

messages so it might have gotten lost if it did.

Yep, is a text console,
i failed to find the steps to reproduce the issue,seems to be random, but i’ll try to remove pcie_aspm=force and see if it will happen again, thanks for answering.

So,
nouveau works fine.
Now i tested without pcie_aspm=force, but after 3 days uptime (maybe less, i didn’t checked every minute!), tty is blank again…

In the past i used to play on a temporary secondary X server for performance reasons.
Now my uptime is 6 days and i still have the tty (didn’t played any game…)
So it seems that the issue is triggered by a second X server.

Hey!

I have the same issue with 331.38. But it simply turns of the screen when switching to a TTY (which is displayed on the internal screen under normal/working circumstances).

If I set my video to nvidia only in the bios, I can drive the laptop screen with the nvidia driver, but have this problem. If I boot the system, the TTY is used, but after X starts, the problem occurs.
If enable optimus, I can drive the laptop screen with the intel driver and I am able to switch to the TTY normally. So the kernel is able to provide this switch.

Cheers,

leipie

I’m having the same problem. The gui interfaces are working for both login and my X11 session (and gnome under Wayland works fine as well.) But switching to an alt console (text console) the screens are off - the monitors go into screensaver mode. Suggestions? Work-arounds? Thanks.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (118.6 KB)