Blue screen after rebooting and logging in, Ctrl+Alt+f1 does not bring up the command line

The DrivePX was on and working fine running samples. I then reboot using the UI’s Power->Shut Down->Reboot. The login screen then shows up as usual;, I log in and then after a few seconds I get a fully blue screen with no text - but I can see and move my cursor. I’ve noticed that the blue screen issue is common for Ubuntu, however in my case I cannot use the recommended fixes on other forums because no command line shows up. On the blue screen, when I type Ctrl+Alt+f1, the screen goes black as the monitor loses input. Typing Ctrl+Alt+f7 brings back the blue screen but this is all I can do. I’ve tried turning on and off the Drive PX several times but the same result occurs.

Dear bbauerly,

Could you refer to below link for your topic?

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1051932/general/blue-screen-after-flashing-tegra-b-px2-after-rebooting-need-help/

“The blue screen issue was fixed after running sudo dpkg --configure -a”

I read that thread before posting, and unfortunately I cannot get to a command line to issue that command. As stated earlier, Ctrl+Alt+f1 does not bring me to a command line.

Dear bbauerly,

Could you please access your DPX2 via ssh or minicom and try to run the command?