blue screen suddenly on Orbitty TX2

I have a working Orbitty TX2 box. The box used to boot properly and I was able to see the display over hdmi correctly. Suddenly couple of days ago, the display turned blank. I connected orbitty box to another display and it showed intermittent blank/black screen and sometimes blue screen. I reburned Jetpack 4.2 and still have the same issue. Even when box boots , the boot messages appear with blue screen in background instead of black background. Below are link to images

Does that monitor work correctly with another system? Any computer would work to answer, preferably another Jetson, but it could be just a desktop PC to show if the monitor itself is failing. What we don’t know yet from the description is if when you moved the Jetson to another carrier whether or not you used the same monitor and/or same HDMI cable.

If the monitor+cable combination is not the issue, then you probably do have a hardware failure in the TX2 module.

The monitors works good with other devices. I changes to other hdmi cables, I also burned the jetpack 4.2 again on orbitty box. The TX2 on same Orbitty carrier board was working perfectly fine and suddenly went blank. I have been using it since a long time. Suddenly it went blank and then I had to try different monitors and only one monitor would show that too blue screen.

So if the blue screen follows when using a different carrier board, then you will know the module is failing. If you don’t have a second carrier board to test, then the issue could be the carrier board itself. Typically the Jetson itself is quite reliable (relative to HDMI issues), and more often than not something on the carrier board is an issue for HDMI.

However, you could post the content of “dmesg”, e.g., run “dmesg | tee dmesg.txt”, and then post “dmesg.txt” here. dmesg may provide a way of narrowing down the issue. If you hover your mouse over the quote icon in an existing post, then a paper clip icon will also show up. The paper clip icon allows attaching files.

Also attach a copy of “/var/log/Xorg.0.log” (rename it something like “Xorg.0.txt”).