Boost.Asio issues on NX (RS-232 Interface)

I have been implementing a driver for a sensor. The communication is done using RS-232 and I have been using a generic RS-232 to USB/UART adapter.

When implementing in my developer machine (x86) I decided to use the boost.asio library to interface with the device with no issues. The driver can poll at high frequency. I am able to send a request and then immediately start reading the buffer. Here it seems the read function blocks (as the documentation states), I read character by character until the end of the transmission char.

When I tested on the Jetson device I started having a lot of issues and the library throwing many exceptions. I can get it working if my program runs much slower. I make a request, wait a while (to make sure there is a response) and then I can read. This really slow downs how fast I can poll data from the device.

Is there any known issues regarding boost/boost.asio and Jetson devices? Any caveats regarding compilation/installation of the library?

I have exactly the same versions of Ubuntu 18.04, libboost-dev(1.65.1) and gcc(7.5.0-3) in both of the mentioned machines (so I’m discarding any versioning issues)

Many thanks.

hello AGVV_TII ,

the default UART bardrate settings is 115200/8n1, have you disable Hardware Flow Control for testing?

Hi @JerryChang, yes I did. Im setting the port settings in the serial device class for the asio. (It works like that in my machine, its just when running it on Jetson).

serial.set_option(boost::asio::serial_port_base::baud_rate(baud_rate));
serial.set_option(boost::asio::serial_port_base::character_size(8));
serial.set_option(boost::asio::serial_port_base::flow_control(boost::asio::serial_port_base::flow_control::none));
serial.set_option(boost::asio::serial_port_base::parity(boost::asio::serial_port_base::parity::even));
serial.set_option(boost::asio::serial_port_base::stop_bits(boost::asio::serial_port_base::stop_bits::one));

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

hello AGVV_TII,

could you please share the error messages for reference,
thanks