Boot Hangs with 'E> Heap free list corrupted !'

After flashing an Orin Nano and booting successfully at least once, the next boots failed during the bootloader with ‘E> Heap free list corrupted !!!’ and hung. Boot Logs attached. The device was able to be reflashed and after reflashing the boot was successful.

The module/carrier card details: p3767-0004 module, nvme boot, p3768-0000 devkit.

boot_log.txt (29.5 KB)

Hi joe_kale,

How do you flash the Orin Nano devkit?
With SDKM or flash script?
Please also provide the flash log for further check.

It seems your board failed at MB2.
Could you also help to provide the serial console log when you could boot up after flash?

Hi KevinFFF,

I flashed with the flash script.

Flash Log:
flash_log.txt (79.5 KB)

Boot Log:
screenlog.0.txt (105.7 KB)

What’s you flash command used to flash your board?

Is this behavior(only first boot success, others failed) happened 100%?

I might not have been clear enough on the issue. After flashing I can reboot consistently for some number of boots. But at some point after booting successfully, at least once, boot will hang and I will see the error mentioned in the title in the debug output. It will hang on reboot consistently until I remove power for 30 seconds or so and reapply power or I can reflash and it will reboot.

The flash directory is created using the open source Yocto layer so the command to flash is sudo ./doflash.sh.

Do you mean that it would recover after reset the board?

Sorry, we don’t support or maintain yocto project. Please use L4T(Linux for Tegra) to verify.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.