Boot issue on Jetson NX

I do not have access to a devkit at the moment, but vbhm said that they were not able to reproduce it on devkit + stock BSP in the post above:

By saying not related to platform, are you suggesting that it’s the problem is most likely the custom BSP/carrier instead of the stock jetson platform?

Thanks!

I mean if this is just “gdm” to cause this problem, then no matter what kind of board, it shall happen.

But since previous post says it cannot be reproduce on devkit, I am not sure now.

I was able to get gdm to initialize with autologin set to off. The jetson will now boot into the graphical interface and prompt for a password.

I noticed that 350+ packages are out-of-date earlier, but brushed it off before since the BSP was based on a minimal ubuntu image and the vendor told me not to run upgrade (as it will overwrite their board specific files).
I tried to update it anyway, but without the jetson/common r32.4 and jetson/t194 r32.4 repos included to not overwrite the board specific files. This seems to have resolved the issue, but I’m unsure why.

I’ve reproduced this issue on multiple of their carriers and modules, flashed some myself or used already pre-flashed ones, all using their custom BSP, with 100 percent reproduce rate. I was not able to reproduce the issue on the AGX devkit, using the same L4T version.

I’m leaning towards the issue being because this BSP was based on a minimal Ubuntu, but I am not certain.

I took some gdm logs with debug enabled of all 3 cases:

1. Original vendor BSP, no changes, gdm working: gdm_log_autologin_on_case.txt (22.1 KB)

2. Original vendor BSP, auto login set to OFF, gdm fails to init: gdm_log_autologin_off_case.txt (17.9 KB)

3. Updates packages, auto login set to OFF, gdm working: gdm_log_autologin_off_fixed_case.txt (27.2 KB)

So it sounds like this issue is due to some custom BSP which uses a minimal Ubuntu. Under that situation, follow your steps would hit issue, right?

Yes, on clean install, go into “User Accounts” settings, turn off “Automatic Login”, reboot the module, and the screen will go black after nvidia logo and dmsgs are displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.