Booting NX to desktop

Hi,

I am working with the NX module and using jetpack 4.6. I have created and flashed an image to an SD card. This image has been created using the sample root file system and kernel source from git. I created the image using the script jetson-disk-image-creator.sh

The image will boot and just as it enters the desktop, it ask me to agree to the user license, asks for user setup, timezone and ethernet/wifi password and then proceeds. After this step the desktop is displayed but I cannot access a terminal or exit from the desktop. There are no apps available from the desktop.

If I were to reboot, the same process is repeated (asks to accept the license, time zone, user setup and wifi password)

I am not sure why I cannot get any further. Maybe there is a write error when completing the configuration.

Any ideas on what I may have missed in the creation of the image?
There isn’t much discussion on the ownership/permissions of the files and folders when updating kernel images or rootfs. Can this be part of the problem?

Thanks,
Malcolm

Moving this from Tegra Tools to the Jetson Xavier NX forum for better visibility.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

That sounds weird.

Will this happen if you use the default sdcard image?