Booting Orin NX Eeprom issue

Hi all,

I have finally got my Orin NX working. Following these steps (Quick Start — Jetson Linux Developer Guide documentation) I was able to flash it in the Nvidia Xavier NX Carrier board. However when I moved it over to my Custom Carrier board (Antmicro). It doesnt boot. It is not able to read the eeprom memory, same exact error as here: Flashing ORIN NX issue
When looking at that solution I am not able to find this file: Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/tegra234-mb2-bct-misc-p3767-0000.dts
I dont even have the BCT folder in my Linux_for_Tegra folder. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

The software provided by NVIDIA for flash assumes it is a dev kit. Each Jetson module can be configured in multiple ways for layout on a carrier board, e.g., a pin might be assigned (by software) to be GPIO, or it might be defined for some other special purpose I/O. The device tree typically is how that choice is made. Flashing on another carrier board won’t harm the flash, but once installed to the new carrier board, parts of the system will fail (except if the layout of the third party carrier board is an exact match to the dev kit carrier board).

Basically, you need the flash software from Antmicro (the BSP, or Board Support Package). This is likely a “near exact match” to the dev kit software, but with a different device tree. Possibly they will even distribute just patches (such as dtb files) to put into the NVIDIA flash software. Be sure to check the Antmicro documentation for what flash software to use.

The carrier board is an exact match, and I have tried it with the Xavier NX and interchanging works fine.
When looking at the pinout differences of the Orin and Xavier I dont see a reason why the Orin wouldnt work.

Did you search this folder inside Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref folder?
Did you run apply_binaries.sh script before it?

Ive found it now. I overlooked the folder. I will see if this fixes it.

This does indeed fix it: Jetson Orin NX Series — Jetson Linux Developer Guide documentation
It allows me to flash the Orin NX on my custom carrier board. Yay :)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.