Broken CUDA repo for L4T 21.3

I tried installing CUDA on my Jetson TK1 as per the instructions give, by first downloading the .deb file for the repo from Nvidia’s developer website (selecting the one marked for only use on the Jetson TK1), then running:

sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-l4t-r21.3-6-5-prod_6.5-42_armhf.deb

to add the repo. All of this goes fine, however on the next step, after running:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get cuda-toolkit-6-5

I get these errors:

W: file:///var/cuda-repo-6-5-prod/Release.gpg: Signature by key 889BEE522DA690103C4B085ED88C3D385C37D3BE uses weak digest algorithm (SHA1)
E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cuda-repo-6-5-prod/Release  No Hash entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_var_cuda-repo-6-5-prod_Release which is considered strong enough for security purposes

I understand that the most likely reason for this error is that apt-get no longer supports SHA1 as a strong enough key anymore, and was wondering if anyone has found a way to fix this. I have put a lot of time and effort into customizing my current system, so I would highly prefer not to have to re-flash the whole thing and completely wipe out my whole Ubuntu installation on my Jetson just to install CUDA (I would, however, very much like the CUDA Toolkit and samples installed as well)

Hi dakatk,

Suggest to do the CUDA installation through JetPack.

[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack[/url]

Thanks

Is there a way I can do this from the Jetson itself? I do not have easy access to a host PC, which is why I would much prefer not to have to re-flash

Hi dakatk,

Please try below step to see if can help resolving your CUDA installation issue:

1. enable sources.list from /etc/apt/sources.list
  2. sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-l4t-r21.5-6-5-local_6.5-53_armhf.deb
  3. sudo apt-get update
  4. sudo apt-get install cuda-toolkit-6-5

Thanks

" 1. enable sources.list from /etc/apt/sources.list"
Translate please into something understandable

" 2. sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-l4t-r21.5-6-5-local_6.5-53_armhf.deb
3. sudo apt-get update
4. sudo apt-get install cuda-toolkit-6-5"

This fails as above with ```
"E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cuda-repo-6-5-prod/Release No Hash entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_var_cuda-repo-6-5-prod_Release which is considered strong enough for security purposes"