Bug in nsight 5.0

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to report bugs in nsight, but I have not been able to find a better place, so I hope that this is okay(if not please direct me to a bug reporting site).

System:
Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Geforce GTX 670
8GB of ram
Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit

Bug:
I am developing a program to test sequential software against my own parallel editions.
In doing so, I need to time how long the different run times are, and to be fair I want to use the same timer for all software. As such I am using clock_gettime from the realtime library. Having added this library to the linker, I can easily compile my program, but the editor does not pick up on the library. As such I have errors in my cpp code, due to “missing” libraries and I have not been able to get rid of them. I have of course included time.h in my cpp file. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated since it makes finding actual errors harder.

The “error”:

The includes of the file:

Thank you for reporting this issue. I confirmed it in Nsight 5.0 and open a bug report on our internal bugtracker.

Please note that this bug is in static code analysis tools (e.g. the Nsight module that tries to identify the errors as you type without running real compiler) and as such it has no bearing on compilation, debugging and other Nsight features. One possible workaround would be to add following code above your function calls:

#ifdef __CDT_PARSER__
#define CLOCK_MONOTONIC 1
#endif

Thank you, it is nice to know that this is an actual bug and not just me not knowing how to configure nsight eclipse, which is an AWESOME tool by the way :-)

Also thanks for the work around it works like a charm!