[BUG] NVIDIA X Server Settings

Hi!

Setting the color range from Full to Limited then back to Full again would make the application unresponsive.

Thank you

Update: Even switching from Full to Limited or vice-versa could produce the bug. Sometimes it does not trigger the bug. To exit the application, I just kill process via System Monitor or opening a new Nvidia X Server Settings. Opening a new one would make the old responsive making me use the quit button or the “x”.

$ uname -r
3.13.0-35-generic

Ubuntu 14.04
Nvidia 331.38

nvidia-bug-report.log (837 KB)

Please delete.

You posted the bug report gathering script rather than running the script and posting the output. :)

Please delete.

Please delete.

Yeah! Actually I was trying to edit my post before but having difficulty on splitting this wall of text in which I successfully done now. ^_^\

Update: Seems like only 1/8 of the log is uploaded. Damn

Please delete.

Log is very long for a single post. I don’t have any idea how to submit the entirety of the log without file attachment tool.

To attach files hover with the mouse over one of your submitted posts and click the paper clip icon which appears in the upper right corner.

Thanks!

Polochamps, what application you are running? Could you please provide step-by-step reproduction steps?

Hi!

• Just open the NVIDIA X Server Settings and look for the Color Correction tab.
  • Set the range from Full to Limited or vice versa.
  • Now try to quit or exit the NVIDIA X Server Settings.
  • Bug wouldn’t let you click the quit button or the close button.

Thank you

Thanks for this information. Did you test with latest 331.89 and 340.32 drivers? Any old driver work on your setup?