Build issues with cudpp

Hi all,

I have been trying to install GVDB 1.1, and have followed the readme instructions to the letter. The only difference is that I have included v140 in the ‘Optional toolsets’ in Cmake, as per the instructions in another thread, as I found it didn’t work without this option.

When I try and build the libgvdb.sln file in VS2015 (or VS2017) I get the following error:

2>   Creating library D:/GitHub.GVDB/build/gvdb_library/Debug/libgvdb.lib and object D:/GitHub.GVDB/build/gvdb_library/Debug/libgvdb.exp
2>gvdb_volume_gvdb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol cudppCreate referenced in function "public: void __cdecl nvdb::VolumeGVDB::Initialize(void)" (?Initialize@VolumeGVDB@nvdb@@QEAAXXZ)
2>gvdb_volume_gvdb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol cudppPlan referenced in function "public: void __cdecl nvdb::VolumeGVDB::Initialize(void)" (?Initialize@VolumeGVDB@nvdb@@QEAAXXZ)
2>gvdb_volume_gvdb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol cudppReduce referenced in function "public: void __cdecl nvdb::VolumeGVDB::GetBoundingBox(int,class nvdb::Vector3DF)" (?GetBoundingBox@VolumeGVDB@nvdb@@QEAAXHVVector3DF@2@@Z)
2>gvdb_volume_gvdb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol cudppRadixSort referenced in function "public: void __cdecl nvdb::VolumeGVDB::RadixSortByByte(int,int)" (?RadixSortByByte@VolumeGVDB@nvdb@@QEAAXHH@Z)
2>D:\GitHub.GVDB\build\gvdb_library\Debug\libgvdb.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

I have tried to unpick where I am going wrong, but am pretty stuck. Any pointers would be gratefully received!

I had the same issue, and then I realised my build configuration was set to “Debug”. Switching to “Release” fixed the errors. :)

What if I wish to use Debug?