Build problem with ros_bridge

Hello,

when I wanna try to run the navigation_rosbridge sample as https://docs.nvidia.com/isaac/archive/2019.2/apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge/doc/ros.html, I completed the ros.bzl. Then suddenly I encountered this error. It seems the problem from crosstool_wrapper_driver_is_not_gcc_host.py while I did not change anything about it.

dellstation@dellstation-Precision-7920-Tower:~/isaac-sdk-2019.2/isaac-sdk-2019.2-30e21124$ bazel run apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge

INFO: Analysed target //apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge:navigation_rosbridge (2 packages loaded, 666 targets configured).
INFO: Found 1 target…
ERROR: /home/dellstation/isaac-sdk-2019.2/isaac-sdk-2019.2-30e21124/engine/alice/tools/BUILD:48:1: Couldn’t build file engine/alice/tools/main: Linking of rule ‘//engine/alice/tools:main’ failed (Exit 1) crosstool_wrapper_driver_is_not_gcc_host.py failed: error executing command external/toolchain/crosstool/scripts/crosstool_wrapper_driver_is_not_gcc_host.py -o bazel-out/k8-opt/bin/engine/alice/tools/main … (remaining 15 argument(s) skipped)

Use --sandbox_debug to see verbose messages from the sandbox
/usr/bin/ld.gold: error: cannot open bazel-out/k8-opt/bin/engine/alice/_objs/impl/modules: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld.gold: error: cannot open (backup).o: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ERROR: /home/dellstation/isaac-sdk-2019.2/isaac-sdk-2019.2-30e21124/packages/sight/BUILD:19:1: Couldn’t build file packages/sight/libsight_module.so: Linking of rule ‘//packages/sight:libsight_module.so’ failed (Exit 1) crosstool_wrapper_driver_is_not_gcc_host.py failed: error executing command external/toolchain/crosstool/scripts/crosstool_wrapper_driver_is_not_gcc_host.py -shared -o bazel-out/k8-opt/bin/packages/sight/libsight_module.so … (remaining 15 argument(s) skipped)

/usr/bin/ld.gold: error: cannot open bazel-out/k8-opt/bin/engine/alice/_objs/impl/modules: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld.gold: error: cannot open (backup).pic.o: No such file or directory
ERROR: /home/dellstation/isaac-sdk-2019.2/isaac-sdk-2019.2-30e21124/apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge/BUILD:24:1: Couldn’t build file apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge/libnavigation_ros_bridge_module.so: Linking of rule ‘//apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge:libnavigation_ros_bridge_module.so’ failed (Exit 1) crosstool_wrapper_driver_is_not_gcc_host.py failed: error executing command external/toolchain/crosstool/scripts/crosstool_wrapper_driver_is_not_gcc_host.py -shared -o bazel-out/k8-opt/bin/apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge/libnavigation_ros_bridge_module.so … (remaining 17 argument(s) skipped)

/usr/bin/ld.gold: error: cannot open (backup).pic.o: No such file or directory
Target //apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge:navigation_rosbridge failed to build
Use --verbose_failures to see the command lines of failed build steps.
INFO: Elapsed time: 11.817s, Critical Path: 9.75s, Remote (0.00% of the time): [queue: 0.00%, setup: 0.00%, process: 0.00%]
INFO: 1 process: 1 linux-sandbox.
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully

Any idea about what might cause this? Thanks very much!

Best regards,
Rosy

Hi Rosy,
I see your are using the 2019.2 version, can you confirm you have run the install_dependencies.sh script from this release?

Additionally, it may help to do a bazel clean and try to build again

1 Like

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for asking!I reinstall the sdk and follow the procedure again. It does not get any error then.

Now new question arises. I attempt to test the function of rosbridge.

1. I start Sim with carter_sim
  2. I revised the navigation_rosbridge node by adding the seyway_odometry stuff similar to carter_sim and run bazel run apps/samples/navigation_rosbridge in ISAAC SDK. The Sight shows it can receive the odometry including heading, pos_x, pos_y.
  3. also run ROS test node(rosBridgeTest) and roscore. It runs normal.

But when I test with rostopic echo /isaac_navigatioD_status in ROS, it seems it does not receive any information from ISAAC while the carter does not move in Sim as rosBridgeTest asked to.

Where do you think it might be missing?

Thanks again!

Best,
Rosy

what is the status on the issue?
does the navigation ros bridge work withg the latest isaac release?