Button Power-on Circuitry - OEM Design guide and P2822_B03 Schematic

Hi

We are designing our own carrier board for the Jetson AGX Xavier and some questions occured:

1. If we do not want to use a MCU for the Power-on, there is the figure 11 that we should realise in the OEM Design guide. When we checked the P2822_B03 Schematic, we see on the VIN LOSS DETECTION page a “not stuffed” circuit, which seems to also realise the button power-on circuitry without MCU. As this schematic and figure 11 in the Design Guide differ from each other, which one should we implement?

2. Do you have any second source pin-compatible or at least function compatible for the smart power-button controller SRC0GS22D?

3. In Table 6. of the design guide, the Pin POWER_BTN_N is type 3.3V Open-Drain whereas in Table 92. it is CMOS-1.8V. Which one is correct?

Thank you.
Best regards

Hi sevm89,

1. Please follow Design Guide.

2. No such second source, please choose based on SRC0GS22D.

3. There is a level shift in module to transfer 3.3v to 1.8v, so both are correct.

Hi Trumany

According to the Product Design Guide Figure 10, VCC_SRC is controlled by VIN_PWR_ON. SYS_VIN_HV is in the schematic the same as VCC_SRC. Could you explain, why in Figure 7. of the Design Guide, SYS_VIN_HV and SYS_VIN_MV are high before a Power Button press or similar power-on event occurs? VIN_PWR_ON should turn these voltages on and it goes active the same time as MODULE_POWER_ON.
Thank you.

I think a reasonable facsimilie of the SRC0GS22D could be built with a small microcontroller with suspendable clock, running at some low frequency like 32 kHz.
The SRC0GS22D costs $0.80 in “thousands” volume, so you should be able to find a variety of small MCUs with ADC that would fit the bill. (That being said, programming MCUs on finished boards is an additional manufacturing hassle.)
Not going to be pin compatible, though.

Thanks for the finding, the sequence will be corrected in new release.

Can you please show what is the correct sequence?
Which Product Design Guide is discussed?
(I don’t see VCC_SRC and SYS_VIN_HV in JETSON AGX XAVIER OEM PRODUCT DESIGN GUIDE 20190614 )

BTW, is the above 20190614 replace 20190220 (the name was changed, so I’m not sure)

Can you please show what is the correct sequence?
Which Product Design Guide is discussed?
(I don’t see VCC_SRC and SYS_VIN_HV in JETSON AGX XAVIER OEM PRODUCT DESIGN GUIDE 20190614 )

BTW, is the above 20190614 replace 20190220 (the name was changed, so I’m not sure)

There will be a new release, please wait for that.