C2050 strange behaviour C2050 won't work in Dell Precision T7500 (win7 nor ubuntu)

Hi, I’m trying to get a Tesla C2050 to work in a Dell Precision T7500 workstation. It won’t work neither in Windows 7 nor Ubuntu, so I’m wondering if there’s any way I can find out if the card is faulty or not.

I’ve tried a lot of combinations, none of which works:

In Windows 7 (Enterprise, 64-bit) I’ve tried with driver version 258 and 260 beta. In both cases, the Device Manager displays the error “Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems” for the C2050.

In Ubuntu 10.04 (64-bit), the computer starts behaving strange - the built-in ethernet port only works intermittently when the C2050 is installed; Link is detected when a cable is inserted, but no traffic is seen from the OS. After a short while, the card loses link (LEDs next to plug go dark). In 1 of 5 reboots the ethernet port seems to work for a while, then stops. This happens both with and without the proprietary nVidia driver.

For both OS-es, I’ve tried two different PCIe x16 slots in the computer, each with the same result.

The Dell T7500 is certified to work with the C2050, so the powersupply is large enough. The instructions on the printed sheet says that you may need to connect either one 8-pin and one 6-pin power connector, or only the 8-pin connector. The instructions on the CD says either only the 8-pin connector or two 6-pin connectors. I’ve tried two configurations; only the 8-pin connector, and one 6-pin and one 8-pin connector, but the errors stay the same.

I am unable to find any relevant information on Google about these errors, so they don’t seem to be very common.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? To me it seems likely that this C2050 may be malfunctioning.

Hi, I’m trying to get a Tesla C2050 to work in a Dell Precision T7500 workstation. It won’t work neither in Windows 7 nor Ubuntu, so I’m wondering if there’s any way I can find out if the card is faulty or not.

I’ve tried a lot of combinations, none of which works:

In Windows 7 (Enterprise, 64-bit) I’ve tried with driver version 258 and 260 beta. In both cases, the Device Manager displays the error “Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems” for the C2050.

In Ubuntu 10.04 (64-bit), the computer starts behaving strange - the built-in ethernet port only works intermittently when the C2050 is installed; Link is detected when a cable is inserted, but no traffic is seen from the OS. After a short while, the card loses link (LEDs next to plug go dark). In 1 of 5 reboots the ethernet port seems to work for a while, then stops. This happens both with and without the proprietary nVidia driver.

For both OS-es, I’ve tried two different PCIe x16 slots in the computer, each with the same result.

The Dell T7500 is certified to work with the C2050, so the powersupply is large enough. The instructions on the printed sheet says that you may need to connect either one 8-pin and one 6-pin power connector, or only the 8-pin connector. The instructions on the CD says either only the 8-pin connector or two 6-pin connectors. I’ve tried two configurations; only the 8-pin connector, and one 6-pin and one 8-pin connector, but the errors stay the same.

I am unable to find any relevant information on Google about these errors, so they don’t seem to be very common.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? To me it seems likely that this C2050 may be malfunctioning.

did you ever get this to work? I am having the exact same problem.

ok, when I plugged the 8 pin connector in only it came up ok.

The C2050 was indeed malfunctioning. It was returned in exchange for a new one, which works flawlessly.