camera_common_regulator_get returns an error and defers the probe

I’m writing a camera driver for a custom carrier board that doesn’t have an eeprom (plugin-manger removed).

The driver is very much like the imx219 driver and it tries to get dovdd, vdig and vana regulators in the power_get function, as these are specified in the device tree for the camera.

dovdd-supply = <0x1f>;
iovdd-reg = "dovdd";
vana-supply = <0x1d>;
avdd-reg = "vana";
vdig-supply = <0x1e>;
dvdd-reg = "vdig";

These are the same as used by imx219. But during boot I get the following errors:

[    7.706830] charm100-camera 2-0010: camera_common_regulator_get vana ERR: fffffffffffffdfb
[    7.706840] charm100-camera 2-0010: camera_common_regulator_get vdig ERR: fffffffffffffdfb
[    7.706849] charm100-camera 2-0010: camera_common_regulator_get dovdd ERR: fffffffffffffdfb

I also have dt entries for those power supplies (unchanged), for example:

fixed-regulators {
   compatible = "simple-bus";
   device_type = "fixed-regulators";
   #address-cells = <0x1>;
   #size-cells = <0x0>;

regulator@2 {
      reg = <0x2>;
      gpio = <0xc4 0x9 0x1>;
      regulator-name = "en-vdd-cam";
      compatible = "regulator-fixed-sync";
      enable-active-high;
      regulator-min-microvolt = <0x1b7740>;
      regulator-disable-ramp-delay = <0x4b0>;
      regulator-max-microvolt = <0x1b7740>;
      phandle = <0x1f>;
      regulator-enable-ramp-delay = <0x6c>;
      linux,phandle = <0x1f>;
   };

I’m obviously missing something, as these regulators don’t seem to be available. Any ideas what I might have missed?

Our camera doesn’t need a power supply from the TX2 module, but I assume at least one of these regulators is required to enable the csi I/O pins? (We only see PXL_SOF errors currently. Or, could it be pinmux settings?)

Thanks.

@Ratbert
Those regulator is for the sensor, if your sensor board don’t need this power you can waive it.
For the PXL_SOF please reference to below link to enable the trace to get more information and reference to TRM to check the vi_notify chapter to know what happened.

https://elinux.org/Jetson_TX2/28.1_Camera_BringUp