Camera export not working correctly after 106

I am curious what may have changed between the connectors of 106 Beta, 107, and 108. There is a regression where Views are no longer exported as Cameras and logging doesn’t export.

Reproduction:

• Activate applicable Connector Versions
  • Open Revit RAC_basic_sample_project.rvt
  • Change Active view to Approach
  • Export as Prop
  • Show Publish Options: Ensure [X] Include Cameras and [X] Enable Logging are checked
  • Save Publish Settings
  • Set Name
  • Export

Revit: 2022.1
Connector: 106.1.2076
Results:

• Log file: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\RevitLog.txt created
  • Cameras Exported: Kitchen, From_Yard, Living_Room, Approach, Section_Perspective, Solar_Analysis, 3D, camera_default

Connector: 107.1.2155
Results:

• Log file: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\RevitLog.txt not created
  • Cameras Exported: camera_default

Connector: 108.1.2158
Results:

• Log file: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\RevitLog.txt not created
  • Cameras Exported: camera_default

Looking into it. Thanks for the report

Hello @eric.craft.MH! The development team was able to find where the error is happening and they will have a fix out for it by the next release! Thank you so much for letting us know about this!

Cameras are exporting with 108.1.2179, but the position portion of the transforms are wrong.

106.1.2076: Correct

108.1.2179: Wrong

Following back up on the Camera transform issue. Any updates on that?

Thanks,

Hello @eric.craft.MH! While I do not have a date to share, I can tell you that the development team is looking to get this working in an up coming release. (Unofficially, they are aiming for their 108.2.xx release.)

Thanks for the update @WendyGram. I will watch the releases and notes and post back here as I get to test the new releases.