Camera only support one kind of denoise----TNR? Not support spatial noise reduction?

I try to find all kinds of denoise method in the MM API, and found only one kind of denoise----TNR

(Temporal Noise Reduction). And my quesion is:

1)if TX-1 only support one kind of denoise----TNR?  Not support other denoise, such as spatial noise reduction?

2)from the datasheet, the TNR is working in YUV space but not the RAW space? is it ?

thks.

Hi, ShaneCCC
I have the same quetions as above,also need yout help,thank you!

hello lihaimin / nklc2009,

1. there are many noise reduction algorithms, TNR supported on JetsonTX1 had hardware acceleration.
  2. yes, TNR is working in YUV space.

Hi JerryChang

Thanks your reply.

1. there are many noise reduction algorithms, TNR supported on JetsonTX1 had hardware acceleration.--------------------- [i]if TX1 support other niose reduction alg, where can i set the parameter? in the MM API , only provide  the TNR setting interface but not other noise reduction alg.  [/i]

hello lihaimin,

TNR is hardware acceleration noise reduction algorithm supported for TX1.
feel free to refer to the samples and implement your noise reduction algorithm.
thanks

Hi, JerryChang

I had known that TX1 support TNR, and can setting strength by MM API interface.

now, what i want to known is : if TX1 support the other noise reduction algorithm? and what is the API interface? (i do not want to develop my noise reduction algorithm, but just using the alg what TX1 provide)

Hi lihaimin,

As update previously, only support TNR, no other noise reduction algorithm in TX1.

Thanks.

Hi kayccc,

thanks your reply.  i got it. 

And what about TX2? if TX2 is same as TX1,  only support TNR, no other noise reduction algorithm?

hello lihaimin,

hardware supported noise reduction algorithm on TX2 also goes with TNR.