Camera Quality Issues and Pixelation on NVIDIA Jetson Development Kit

Hi,

I would like to capture video footage using Jetson Nano Development kit and an 12MP IMX477 camera module. The camera module has a manual turnable lens to adjust the focus. Changing the focus of course makes the footage less/more blurry but does not affect footage pixellation. When capturing video’s at home the quality is good however when capturing at a bigger venue the frames apear to be quite pixellated.
The pixellation somewhat changes during the capture but doesn’t feel like it is the best possible quality this setup potentially could reach.

I execute the following command both when home and at a bigger venue.

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=4032, height=3040, framerate=29/1, format=NV12' ! nvvidconv ! omxh264enc ! qtmux ! filesink location=test.mp4 -e

Also when using gstreamer and streaming to autovideosink element it seems so much better quality…

Could this be a lighting problem, or did I miss something??

Thanks in advance some examples:

These are pixelated examples:

Thanks in advance!

Quinten

Hi @quintene,

I think you will get more help with this topic being in the Jetson Nano forums. I took the liberty of moving it there.

Thanks!

Hi,
It looks like you would need to do IQ tuning for the camera. Please contact with our camera partners for help:
Jetson Ecosystem | NVIDIA Developer

Or you may consider use existing camera modules from our partners.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.