Cameras connection to Xavier

Hi All,

I am trying to connect some cameras to Xavier for robotic applications. It requires upto six cameras to be connected. What is the easiest way to get them connected? Should I pick ethernet or USB3 or CSI2 cameras?

Thanks in advance,

Everett

1 Like

Hi everett.wang,

We have enabled camera partners to support Jetson platform, please find their information from below link:
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/ecosystem#hardware_design[/url]

You could check those camera product specifications from their websites to find the suitable one for your project.

Thanks

Hi Everett,

D3 Engineering is one of the Jetson camera partners and we have a product that we are in the process of launching that will be capable of supporting up to 16 cameras with Jetson Xavier.

We would pair this with our CSI cameras that use a SerDes standard (FPD-Link III) which allows the cameras to be separated from the Xavier up to 15m.

To support the 6-cameras you need, we will have to use the new virtual channel software that is available in Jetpack 4.2. We are in the process of testing this.

Please feel free to contact us at sales@d3engineering.com for more information if you are interested.

Regards,
Jason

e-CAM130_CUXVR is a synchronized multiple 4K camera solution for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier development kit that has up to four 13 MP 4-Lane MIPI CSI-2 camera boards. All these four cameras are connected to the base board using 30 cm micro-coaxial cable. These four 4-lane MIPI camera modules can be synchronously streamed in 4K resolution, which will be best fit for high end multi camera solution.

Check more information about other NVIDIA Cameras: [url]NVIDIA Jetson Cameras

Hi there, I recently got ahold of the ecam130_CUXVR and am trying to setup the software that is detailed in the Getting Started PDF. I am new to all of this technology and am having trouble running commands in terminal. In the screenshot attached, I am able to see the device listed when I run “lsusb”, however I get into trouble past this step. It says to run the following commands to extract the release package for
obtaining the quick start package.
tar xaf e-
CAM130_CUXVR_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_<L4T_version><release
date><release_version>.tar.gz
cd e-
CAM130_CUXVR_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER
<L4T_version><release
date>_<release_version>/Quick_Start/

My first problem is finding the correct versions of the product, but after running this command multiple times with different variations, I typically get “No such file or directory” as the output.

$ tar xaf e- CAM130_CUXVR_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_L4T32.1_4.26.2019_1.7.2.tar.gz

output:
tar: e-: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I know I am doing something wrong here, but I cannot figure out what exactly. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi charlotte.chang2001,

Please open a new topic for your issue.

Thanks

Hi charlotte.chang2001,

Avoid the empty space between the e- and CAM130_CUXVR_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_L4T32.1_4.26.2019_1.7.2.tar.gz while running the below command,

$ tar xaf e-CAM130_CUXVR_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_L4T32.1_4.26.2019_1.7.2.tar.gz

Also confirm the availability of e-CAM130_CUXVR_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_L4T32.1_4.26.2019_1.7.2.tar.gz release package in the current directory by running the ls command in the same terminal and share the results with us,

$ ls

Can you confirm whether you downloaded the e-CAM130_CUXVR release package from e-con developer website or from the SD Card shared by e-con ?

We highly recommend to write up a mail to techsupport@e-consystems.com, so they will assist you in a faster and better way.