Can anyone provide a link to a compiled CloudXR 4.0 APK

Hi,

While I was able to successfully compile the apk for CloudXR 3.2 and 3.1, this time, I got stuck while trying to compile the apk for 4.0 in Android studio.

Can anyone please provide me with a link to an unmodified build of the apk for 4.0 ?

In the mean time, I will be trying to figure what went wrong with my Gradle build (error below).

Error while executing process D:\Programs\Android\Sdk\ndk\21.4.7075529\ndk-build.cmd with arguments {NDK_PROJECT_PATH=null APP_BUILD_SCRIPT=D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\src\main\jni\Android.mk NDK_APPLICATION_MK=D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\src\main\jni\Application.mk APP_ABI=arm64-v8a NDK_ALL_ABIS=arm64-v8a NDK_DEBUG=1 APP_PLATFORM=android-24 NDK_OUT=D:/DeployedProjects/GitDeploy_New/CloudXR-SDK_4.0/CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0/Client/Sample/Android/OculusVR/app/build/intermediates/ndkBuild/debug/obj NDK_LIBS_OUT=D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\build\intermediates\ndkBuild\debug\lib OVR_SDK_ROOT=D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\build\ovr_sdk OBOE_SDK_ROOT=D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\build\Oboe CLOUDXR_SDK_ROOT=D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\build\CloudXR C_SHARED_INCLUDE=D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\shared -j4 NDK_DEBUG=1 CloudXRClientOVR}
[arm64-v8a] Prebuilt : libvrapi.so <= D:/DeployedProjects/GitDeploy_New/CloudXR-SDK_4.0/CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0/Client/Sample/Android/OculusVR/app/build/ovr_sdk/VrApi/Projects/AndroidPrebuilt/jni/…/…/…/Libs/Android/arm64-v8a/Release/
[arm64-v8a] Prebuilt : libCloudXRClient.so <= D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\build\CloudXR/jni/arm64-v8a/
[arm64-v8a] Prebuilt : liboboe.so <= D:\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\Android\OculusVR\app\build\Oboe/prefab/modules/oboe/libs/android.arm64-v8a/
[arm64-v8a] Prebuilt : libc++_shared.so <= /sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libs/arm64-v8a/
[arm64-v8a] Compile++ : CloudXRClientOVR <= CloudXRFileLogger.cpp
[arm64-v8a] SharedLibrary : libCloudXRClientOVR.so

D:/Programs/Android/Sdk/ndk/21.4.7075529/build//…/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/…/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-android/4.9.x/…/…/…/…/aarch64-linux-android/bin\ld: cannot find D:/DeployedProjects/GitDeploy_New/CloudXR-SDK_4.0/CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0/Client/Sample/Android/OculusVR/app/build/intermediates/ndkBuild/debug/obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs-debug/CloudXRClientOVR/D_\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\shared/CloudXRFileLogger.o: No such file or directory
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [D:/Programs/Android/Sdk/ndk/21.4.7075529/build//…/build/core/build-binary.mk:725: D:/DeployedProjects/GitDeploy_New/CloudXR-SDK_4.0/CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0/Client/Sample/Android/OculusVR/app/build/intermediates/ndkBuild/debug/obj/local/arm64-v8a/libCloudXRClientOVR.so] Error 1

My guess is this is a windows path-too-long error.

D:/DeployedProjects/GitDeploy_New/CloudXR-SDK_4.0/CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0/Client/Sample/Android/OculusVR/app/build/intermediates/ndkBuild/debug/obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs-debug/CloudXRClientOVR/D_\DeployedProjects\GitDeploy_New\CloudXR-SDK_4.0\CloudXR-SDK_4_0_0\Client\Sample\shared/CloudXRFileLogger.o: No such file or directory

You need to either shorten the physical path or use a trick like setting up a drive letter remapping to the sdk directory.

1 Like

Thanks @tegradave ,

As a learning lesson for me, can you explain if this path size restriction is related with the Android Studio, or a general rule of the thumb when dealing with Windows OS ?

In addition, I would like to let your team know, that soon I will present my accepted publication in IIEEE ICC in June, regarding a user tests (N=30) QoE evaluation of CloudXR considering 27 lab emulated network degradations (using NetEM). If you are interested to see the results before hand (perhaps to improve future versions of CloudXR), please let me know of an email where I can forward the paper to your team.

It’s a bit of both. Windows has the restriction, but for whatever reason applications are not written to handle it.

I’m not sure if it is AS or gradle, but it’s the way paths are constructed by default for intermediate files. They use the entire source path under the output directory as the path to generated files, which then becomes doubly long if it was long to begin with. I admit I’ve not looked to have the output redirect to some root temp folder, the shorter path or drive letter mapping always works for me (drive letter I use less, but it’s more powerful because both the base path and output path become extremely short).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.