CAN bus communication via Aurix

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi!

I got few questions about sending and receiving CAN messages via Aurix.

First of all, I’ve connected CAN3 port to my host and ran “cycliccanon CAN” command on the Aurix shell. The host side was able to receive the CAN message sent from Aurix. So, I’m very sure that the connection between host and Aurix is OK.

I have a problem with the next step, which is basically duplicate the test explained at https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.0.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/MCU%20Setup%20and%20Configuration/mcu_communication_components.html#wwpID0E0EB0HA

1. In the step 3 of the “CAN PDUR Gateway” section, it asks flash the AutoSAR firmware to MCU. My firmware really need to be updated? The below is the firmware version I can read from Aurix shell.

DRIVE-V5.2.0-E3550-AFW-Aurix-With3LSS-StepB-4.02.02

If the firmware need to be updated, where can I get the firmware image?

1. The instruction also asks to run “aurix_tegra_a_vector_gateway_tester.py” on XA, but I couldn’t find the script from my host SDK directory. Where can I also find this?

2. I’ve also wrote a simple UDP client app that receive messages on 10.42.0.28:60395, but couldn’t receive anything that I sent from my host. Any idea on this?

Thanks!

Never mind the questions above.

I can see CAN messages via UDP server after fixing a bug in it.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.