CAN BUS Rx is working, but Tx is not. Xavier AGX

Greetings.

I have been trying to make the CAN controllers (can0, can1) on the Xavier AX work for two weeks, but I am still facing some issues.

• The Xavier AGX I have is flashed with Jetpack 4.6
  • After reading many posts, I changed the clock source in the kernel device tree to PLLAON, in order to get accurate baudrate. Then, I flashed the modified kernel, and got accurate baudrates as requested. I could double check that with ip -s -d link show can0. And I am getting the 500K baudrate that was set
  • I am using the this transceiver, as suggested in this tutorial
  • The transceiver has 120 Ohm resistor
  • The transceiver is connected to a motor driver (ZLA8030L), which talks CAN 2 and CANopen.
  • I dynamically set the CAN registers using busybox and bring it up (both can0 and can1)
  • Using ip -s -d link show can0 I can see that the bus state is ERROR-ACTIVE
  • I execute candump can0 and then power on the motor driver
  • candump shows that a message is received 703 [1] 00. It’s basically the NTM state of the node (ID=3). Then, no more messages are shown. Each time I switch ON the motor driver, I receive the same message
  • Using ip -s -d link show can0 I can see that the number of received packets increase
  • The issue is in the sending! Whenever I try to send a message using cansend , nothing happens!. ip -s -d link show can0 shows no increase in the the Tx packets. I currently don’t have an oscilloscope to debug the signals.
  • I am not setting fd on
  • I tried to connect Tx to Rx for can0, and execute cansend 123@abcdabcd , but I got nothing on candump can0
  • I tried different boards of the same transceiver, but all show the same issue. I can receive a message when I switch on the motor driver, but I am unable to send messages
  • Could the transceivers be not suitable?
  • Am I missing something on the hardware side, or the controller settings ?

@Shagrat any hints on how to debug/solve this?

Thank you.

Hi @newshinjin0103
I think I have a similar issue to the you you posted here but I am still not able to fix it.

Have you figured out a fix for the Tx issues of the AgX CAN bus?

Thanks.

I’m closing this topic due to there is no update from you for a period, assuming this issue was resolved.
If still need the support, please open a new topic. Thanks

Sorry for the late response, is this still an issue to support? Thanks