Can i connect a device usb to my gtx 1660 super?

Hello, I would like to have answers to the following questions:

Why does my gtx 1660 super graphics card have a USB 3.1 and USB C controller if it doesn’t have a physical port?

Can I connect a USB device to my gtx 1660 super through any “HDMI to VirtualLink” adapter?

The ultimate purpose of these questions is because I currently virtualize two virtual machines on my host PC and I have two GPUs, I want to pass USB devices to my virtual machines over PCI

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Converter-Thunderbolt-MacBook-Microsoft/dp/B08VDT3YGK

Hi there @jguevarave and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

The short answer, sadly, is no.

Some OEM cards and some Founders Edition cards of the GTX 1xxx generation had physical USB-C ports for the main purpose of using them as VirtualLink output ports. But not all models have the UDB-C port attached even if the GPU CHip in use is exactly the same. That is why in your case you see the device but no port.

But the USB “feature” is not routed through HDMI, that means the cable you linked to will not work. Honestly I would be surprised if it worked at all on any computer since the HDMI protocol is not intended for this kind of data transfer.

I am sorry if this does not solve your problem.