Can I prevent user from exporting the USD file in Isaac-sim?

Basically, I want to prevent the user’s exporting behavior. So is there a way I can make it happen ? For example, Can I hide the export button in the menu? Or Can I develop some extensions to capture the exporting event and stop it?

Hi,

Specifically, which button(s) do you want to hide? 👀

For now I just want to hide the “save as” / “save” buttons, and I want to figure out if there is a common way to hide any button or UI component.
However it’s not necessary to do that, my final PURPOSE is to prevent the user from saving, intercepting the exporting event is also a good way. I’m just seeking for any feasible solution and comparing them to find the best one.

Hi @seyoatda

The easy way to do it is to disable the omni.kit.menu.file extension in Window > Extensions menu

By disabling it you can hide the Save buttons

However if you want to make this persistent you can comment this extension in the line 18 of the omni.isaac.sim.base.kit file (~/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.1.1/apps/omni.isaac.sim.base.kit for local deployment or /isaac-sim/apps/omni.isaac.sim.base.kit for containers)

16 # Basic Menus
17 "omni.kit.menu.utils" = {}
18 # "omni.kit.menu.file" = {}
19 "omni.kit.menu.edit" = {}
20 "omni.kit.menu.create" = {}
1 Like

excellent! It’s a very easy way. I’m not able to interact with extension window 'cause in the last release 2021.1.0 every time I open the extension window, program will crash. So I can’t figure out how the extensions work.
Now I pull the latest version 2021.1.1 and the developer team have fixed this bug.
Thanks for your reply , it helps a lot ^_^

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.