Can I specify custom dxc.exe path to use new shader models with D3D12 agility sdk

I am using d3d12 agility sdk and corresponding shader compiler(dxc.exe) supporting shader model 6.6. If i compile shaders myself and create pipeline states from my application everything works fine. But because of custom shader compiler, I am unable to use shader editing features of Nsight which gives me “unsupported shader model” error. Can i somehow indicate Nsight how to compile shaders?

Hello,
Thank you for using Nsight Graphics and sorry you ran into this issue. I will connect with the engineering team on your behalf and get back to you.
Regards,

Hello,
Here is some additional details for you. Please let me know if this is helpful. The engineering teams says that you could place your own compiler in the \target\windows-desktop-nomad-x64\ShaderCompilers\0-mycustomcompiler and Nsight Graphics would pick up that compiler first. Alternatively, you could just replace our custom compiler in the “1-dxc_local_2022_06_15” with your own custom compiler.
Regards,

Thank you. It works nice.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.