Can jetson SDK Components be upgraded to a higher version alone through online upgrade?

Due to the project upgrade, if you want to upgrade jetson SDK Components through the online upgrade method, the online upgrade method found on the Internet will upgrade jetson OS and jetson SDK Components together. Because the DTB was modified before and the SD card driver was added, the driver will disappear after the upgrade.

So when jetson OS and jetson SDK Components are installed, and the version is jetpack4.5.1. I want to upgrade jetson SDK Components to a higher version through online upgrade alone. Is there any way to achieve it?

Or is there any way to keep the previous DTB after upgrading jetson OS and jetson SDK Components online so that the SD card driver can still be used.

The contents of the upgrade are shown in the figure below:

Image_20211027155806

Please try with

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt depends nvidia-jetpack | awk ‘{print $2}’ | xargs -I {} sudo apt install -y {}

OK, thanks
What is the purpose of these two commands

This will only install the sdk.

But it will not update to higher version, since it is not allowed. We don’t support to use higher version sdk if your BSP is not new enough.

For example, you cannot install sdk from jetpack4.6 to jetpack4.5. We cannot guarantee it would work fine.

We tried the command just now on the B version of the nano core board. This command will upgrade our system from jetpack 4.4.1 to 4.5.1. Because we have modified the DTB and added the SD card driver before, but after the upgrade, the SD card driver cannot be used.

Therefore, is there any way to upgrade jetpack4.4.1 online to jetpack4.5.1, the previous DTB is still retained, and the SD card driver can still be used.

Are you sure you are running below command

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt depends nvidia-jetpack | awk ‘{print $2}’ | xargs -I {} sudo apt install -y {}

But not apt upgrade?

Your title of this topic is the SDK but your question is the whole BSP. What is your exact request?

There is no such support. Also, dtb may also differ in each release. It is not wise to take them as same thing in each release.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.