CAN Network with AGX Xavier problem

Hi all,
We are using the AGX Xavier board and we want to use now the CAN port.
So, we followed this method Enabling CAN on Nvidia Jetson Xavier Developer Kit | by Ramin Nabati | Medium
The problem that we couldn’t either send nor receive a CAN frame. We make the test with the CANalyzer tool ( Vector).
So we use only one CAN (CAN1) and we set it to 500000 baud. We noticed that the baud has a value 498701 (with ip -statistics command). Do you have an idea, please, why we find such a value? i.e, not 500K exactly?
Thank you

hello mokhtar.bouain,

could you please follow the developer guide, Controller Area Network (CAN).
please try change the parent clock, and you may also update the clock rate in the mttcan driver.
thanks

Hi,
Thank you.
I will test the following doc to use PLLAON as clock :
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r34.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/Clocks.html#to-use-pllaon-as-clock-source:~:text=operation%20may%20sleep.-,To%20use%20PLLAON%20as%20clock%20source,-To%20conserve%20power

Just a question please, I can get the tegra_xxxxx.dtb by installing Nvidia SDK Manager?
NVIDIA SDK Manager | NVIDIA Developer
Thank you.

yes, it’ll also download the dtb file to the installation folder, the default path is… ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_<version>_Linux_<platform>/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb.

Thank you again.
Last question, please. Do I lose my data if I flash the AGX board?

hello mokhtar.bouain,

you may running partition update to keep the root-file-system unchanged.
please see-also developer guide, Flashing a Specific Partition. thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.