Can not connect with GMSL camera in Port C

Hi all,

I try to use the sample_camera_gmsl and sample_camera_gmsl_raw with the GMSL camera. When I connect the camera in Port A, it works well. But when I connect it to port C, the application shows an error of " Can not power up camera "?

• Additionally, is there any way that we can choose which camera (A0,A1,A2,A3) we will receive the image with application “sample_camera_gmsl” ( at the moment we just only access the image stream from A0 )

Dear quang-thanh.ngo,

Could you please try to run with the following command?
$ sudo ./sample_camera_gmsl --camera-port=c

And for multicamera control, please use sample_camera_multiple_gmsl.
If connected A0, A1, A2, A3, $ sudo ./sample_camera_multiple_gmsl --selector-mask=1111
If connected A0, A1 $ sudo ./sample_camera_multiple_gmsl --selector-mask=0011

Hi SteveNy, It still can not connect to Camera in port C

I also want to ask that is it possible : one application open 1 camera in port C and another application open 1 camera in port A ( 2 application run as the same time )

Dear quang-thanh.ngo,

Yes, it is possible.

For example.

1. Connected A0 port, run sample_camera_gmsl --camera-port=a --camera-type=ar0231-rccb-bae-sf3324
  2. Connected C0 port, run sample_camera_gmsl --camera-port=c --camera-type=ar0231-rccb-bae-sf3324

Hi SteveNy,

I had try to "Connected C0 port, run sample_camera_gmsl --camera-port=c --camera-type=ar0231-rccb-bae-sf3324 ", it does not work. But when I connect the camera to B0 port and run “Connected C0 port, run sample_camera_gmsl --camera-port=c --camera-type=ar0231-rccb-bae-sf3324”, than it works. It weird that the port in the Board has a different name with the application. Should it be a bug or something else ?

Dear quang-thanh.ngo,

DPX2 has 3 ports for Camera CSI like below.

DriveWorks camera GMSL sample
–camera-port: default=a
Camera CSI port [default a]
a - port AB(Group A) on px2, A on ddpx
c - port CD(Group B) on px2, C on ddpx
e - port EF(Group C) on px2, E on ddpx
g - G on ddpx only

If connected B0 port, run sample_camera_gmsl --camera-port=c --camera-type=ar0231-rccb-bae-sf3324
If connected C0 port, run sample_camera_gmsl --camera-port=e --camera-type=ar0231-rccb-bae-sf3324