Can Quadro Cards Perform on Windows Natively?

@ryan111 asks if Quadro cards can perform on windows natively? Is there a difference between them and the Consumer RTX Variants on Linux?

@ryan111- I moved Is windows TCC performance the same as native linux? - AI & Data Science / Computer Vision & Image Processing - NVIDIA Developer Forums here.

Not sure what is meant by “perform natively”. If the question is “Can Quadro cards use the TCC driver under Windows 10?”, the answer is “at least some can”, e.g. the Quadro P2000 in my system. I am not aware of a blanket statement by NVIDIA that all Quadros can run with the TCC driver.

If the question is “Is the performance of a CUDA-accelerated application running on Windows with a Quadro using the TCC driver identical to running the same application with the same Quadro under Linux?” the answer is “Possibly”.

In my observation, the performance of launching kernels to a GPU is the same between Windows with TCC driver and Linux (keeping all other things equal). However, that does not necessarily mean that performance at application level is going to be identical. For example, I have observed marked differences between Linux and Windows in various CUDA functions that allocate and free memory, and rely on operating system APIs such as mmap under the hood. Some of this functionality ran faster on Linux, while some ran faster on Windows.

There may be other CUDA API calls that rely on OS APIs as well, and their performance can differ based on operating system as well. As a corollary, the performance may well differ between different Windows versions or different Linux distros and versions. The best way to find out is to install both Windows and Linux on the same machine (i.e. keeping the hardware identical) and run experiments with the specific application(s) you are interested in.