Cannot build examples

I am getting some errors and a bunch of warnings when I attempt to rebuild the solution of the eigenvalues or matrixMul sample codes using MS Visual Studio 2008. I imagine that I will have the same problem with a few of the others, too, though I have not tried them all. Before I get started on my own code I want to make sure I’m set up right, so I appreciate any clues as to how to ammend this. I have attached a file containing the warnings and error messages I got when building matrixMul. I’m used to developing in a Linux environment more, so I’m a little lost when it comes to MS Visual Studio.
matMul_err.txt (6.68 KB)

bump

I could really use some help on this one. I’m still struggling with getting even the examples to compile.

bump

I could really use some help on this one. I’m still struggling with getting even the examples to compile.

Hard to tell what’s wrong there, but at least there is only one error, and it seems(!) to be unrelated to CUDA, since it comes from an internal VS file.

Are you sure your VS is properly installed? Can you compile a simple (“Hello World”) project that does NOT use CUDA?

Hard to tell what’s wrong there, but at least there is only one error, and it seems(!) to be unrelated to CUDA, since it comes from an internal VS file.

Are you sure your VS is properly installed? Can you compile a simple (“Hello World”) project that does NOT use CUDA?

It looks like you have a point here. I got the following error after trying to build a C “Hello World” code:

Error	1	general error c10100b1: Failed to load file "..\Debug\Test.exe". The system cannot find the path specified.	mt.exe	Test

I’ll look into reinstalling VS 2008. Will this mean that I’ll have to reinstall CUDA, too?

It looks like you have a point here. I got the following error after trying to build a C “Hello World” code:

Error	1	general error c10100b1: Failed to load file "..\Debug\Test.exe". The system cannot find the path specified.	mt.exe	Test

I’ll look into reinstalling VS 2008. Will this mean that I’ll have to reinstall CUDA, too?

I don’t think that reinstalling CUDA will be necessary. The driver and toolkit are installed independently of the C Compiler, and the examples in the SDK are pretty much self-contained.

I don’t think that reinstalling CUDA will be necessary. The driver and toolkit are installed independently of the C Compiler, and the examples in the SDK are pretty much self-contained.

Sorry it took awhile to look into this. I’ve been a bit busy with other things. Anyway, I am now able to build and run a Hello World code, but only in C++ and not C. Forgive my ignorance (I’m more of a Fortran guy), but I thought C++ covered C. Do I need to make sure that a C compiler is installed, too? The CUDA examples still won’t build.

Sorry it took awhile to look into this. I’ve been a bit busy with other things. Anyway, I am now able to build and run a Hello World code, but only in C++ and not C. Forgive my ignorance (I’m more of a Fortran guy), but I thought C++ covered C. Do I need to make sure that a C compiler is installed, too? The CUDA examples still won’t build.