Cannot compile PhysxSDK.sln

I downloaded Physx 4.1 from Github and ran the generate_projects. But when I try to compile the PhysxSDK.sln I get a bunch of errors.

like:

Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpAABBManager.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘RuntimeLibrary’: value ‘MD_DynamicRelease’ doesn’t match value ‘MTd_StaticDebug’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpAABBManager.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhase.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘RuntimeLibrary’: value ‘MD_DynamicRelease’ doesn’t match value ‘MTd_StaticDebug’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhase.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhaseShared.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘RuntimeLibrary’: value ‘MD_DynamicRelease’ doesn’t match value ‘MTd_StaticDebug’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhaseShared.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhaseSap.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘RuntimeLibrary’: value ‘MD_DynamicRelease’ doesn’t match value ‘MTd_StaticDebug’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhaseSap.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhaseMBP.cpp.obj) 1
Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for ‘RuntimeLibrary’: value ‘MD_DynamicRelease’ doesn’t match value ‘MTd_StaticDebug’ in PxAutoGeneratedMetaDataObjects.obj PhysX C:\Users\moisa\OneDrive\Tiedostot\GitHub\PhysX\physx\compiler\vc16win64\sdk_source_bin\LowLevelAABB_static_64.lib(BpBroadPhaseMBP.cpp.obj) 1

And more, more totally 99 errors. Why this happens? Can it be that the version is wrong? I have tried with many but it doesn’t make but with the vc16win64.

Hi there @moisaj98 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

The version 4.1 is deprecated and only provided as is, that means nobody has touched the github repo in the last 2 years. Since then there might have been changes in how a project configuration file looks like or what dependencies are needed to correctly set the DEBUG build config.

I would start to look into exactly that, search for

‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’

and see what you need to change in the Project settings to enable the correct DEBUG build mode. I don’t think the error is NVIDIA specific.

But in the end you might be better off moving on to PhysX 5 and Omniverse.

Thanks!