cannot connect to DIGITS web interface

Would you please help a new user?

I am taking a NVidia training course in which DIGITS is used. I am attempting to reproduce the development environment on a local system.

I installed the docker related packages. I pulled DIGITS nvcr.io/nvidia/digits:19.04-caffe successfully. It appears to be running because I have the following in my terminal:

============
== DIGITS ==

NVIDIA Release 19.04 (build 6017623)
DIGITS Version 6.1.1

Container image Copyright © 2019, NVIDIA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.
DIGITS Copyright © 2014-2019, NVIDIA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.

Various files include modifications © NVIDIA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.
NVIDIA modifications are covered by the license terms that apply to the underlying project or file.

| _ / | | / |
| |) | | (
|| | | | _

|
/_|| || |__/ 6.1.1

Tensorflow support disabled.
2019-04-29 20:33:05 [INFO ] Loaded 0 jobs.

From a separate terminal I can see the container is running and port 5000 is being used:

docker container ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
e27931d2af7c nvcr.io/nvidia/digits:19.04-caffe “/usr/local/bin/nvid…” 12 minutes ago Up 11 minutes 5000/tcp digits

But when I tried 127.0.0.1:5000 from my web browser the connection was refused. Can you see any problem?

Hi,

From the result of your docker ps, it was likely the host side port number is not provided. When you launch DIGITS container, please provide the port number on host side so the port is open, via -p host_port:container_port option.

The following is one example for your reference.

docker run --rm --runtime=nvidia -p 5000:5000 nvcr.io/nvidia/digits:19.04-caffe

Thanks for your help. That indeed is the problem. I can get into the web interface now following your instruction.