Cannot connect to System Monitor Backend

I created an internal bug for this issue (OM-38994).

Hi,

I recently tested a new PC and found this problem, so I’ll share the information.
I just built the Omniverse environment on a Windows 10 PC with nothing installed in its initial state.

Local Nucleus Service 2021.3.2

In the Omniverse Launcher, I was able to see information about Nucleus.
However, I could not see localhost:3080 from my web browser.
I got a “Cannot connect to System Monitor Backend” message in my browser.

The default web browser was Edge, so I replaced it with Google Chrome.
Now it works fine in the browser.

Hey guys,
I’m also having the same problem. Also on release notes I noticed it’s on " Nucleus Workstation 2021.2.6" and there’s no update section on the Nvidia launcher to update nucleus. So don’t know if that could be an underlying cause as well, cause I saw on the release notes it says “Fixes incorrect link on the package page in the Omniverse Launcher” so can’t tell if it’s 2021.2.6 installing a wrong package or its my own system that’s hindering the access. Look forward to getting some help from you guys, I’ll be grateful.

Same issue. Tried just about everythign excep tfor replacing th eport file. Which iim going to do pending another pc restart (Just in case it is sitll firewall related)

SO after resetting my entire network setup and enabling port forwarding to no avail, what I did was utilize the Omniverse cleaner tool to set everything back to default state with all apps and connections and preferences removed.
After reinstalling everything, things are working as connected. Happy its working again. Hope this helps someone.

It did thank you. That fixed it for me too. However, did mean re-installing everything again.

Hi,

I also met this problem.
Reinstall does not work well.

Can anyone help me solve the problem,
Thanks!

My honest advice is to unistall Cache and not to use it. It is now Legacy and no longer required. All apps have Cache built in. It is not needed now. Please just uninstall Cache and you will still be fine.

same thing happened to me when I changed the Local Nucleus Cache path, and then couldn’t change it back (due to the message “Cannot connect to System Monitor Backend” as on your screenshot).

Fortunately, I could fix it by changing the path back in one of the files here:
/home/[user-where-the-cache-path-was-originally]/.nvidia-omniverse/config/

I would advise to keep the default install path.