Cannot get ANT+ USB Receiver to Be Recognized as TTY Serial Device

I am working on a project that uses the Suunto USB ANT+ receiver - this will pick up data from some Garmin sensors that I have such as heartrate, temperature, speed, cadence, etc. When I run commands on my Nano such as lsusb and dmesg I can see that the Suunto USB receiver is recognized. However, I am not seeing the Suunto receiver show up as a /dev/ttyusb0 serial device like it should. This Suunto USB receiver has worked very well in the not-so-distant past on both Raspberry Pi and Amazon DeepLens devices using the same configuration approach (which I describe below).

I also setup the /etc/udev/rules.d/garmin-ant2.rules file with the following configuration. I believe this is what creates the USB serial TTY device?

SUBSYSTEM==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0fcf”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“1008”, RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0fcf product=0x1008", MODE=“0666”, OWNER=“root”, GROUP=“root”

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I spent several hours last weekend trying to zero in on the issue. I don’t know if it’s a difference with the L4T Linux kernel or a driver file of some kind that is missing, but I could definitely use some guidance here. Thanks!

I know nothing about the specific device, but if you monitor “dmesg --follow”, and then insert the USB device, what shows up?

I saw a web reference that in some cases (if the driver is installed), then it might be renamed to “/dev/ttyANT0” instead. During USB plug-in there should be enough message to know if there is a rename to ttyANT0 or not. If not, then you don’t have a specific driver and may need one.

Note that the “ttyUSB0” syntax is a default for most serial USB UARTs. A driver for the UART would be required for this to show up. After this another driver may be required for the device which the UART talks to. If installed software understands that this UART is not “generic”, and has some special purpose, then a udev rule could rename this. The lack of both ttyUSB0 and ttyANT0 implies all drivers are missing.

NOTE: I see this as related to the driver for the end device:
https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USB_SERIAL_SUUNTO.html

Most serial UART drivers already exist in the released Nano software. Odds are rather high that if a driver is missing, then it is the one which renames the device to “/dev/ttyANT0” (the driver understanding the final device would be missing).

If you run "gunzip < /proc/config.gz | grep “CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_SUUNTO”, then you should see a note of what the current kernel configuration has related to that driver. I do not know if this is actually the driver, but it seems it probably is.