Cannot install deepstream 6.0. Even I removed everything from deepstream 5.1 it still said " trying to overwrite '/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream'"

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• RTX1070
• DeepStream 6.0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version 470
• Issue Type: bugs

I already remove everything about deepstream 5.1 on my computer. However, when I install deepstream 6.0 through the deb file, it still showed me the error:

Unpacking deepstream-6.0 (6.0.0-1) …
dpkg: error processing archive deepstream-6.0_6.0.0-1_amd64.deb (–install):
trying to overwrite ‘/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream’, which is also in package deepstream-5.1 5.1.0-1
Errors were encountered while processing:
deepstream-6.0_6.0.0-1_amd64.deb

There is even no folder called “/opt/nvidia/deepstream/” now. I don’t know how to fix this problem and install deepstream 6.0 now.

Please use uninstall.sh under /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.1 to remove deestream installation.
cd /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.1
sudo ./uninstall.sh

@amycao
I already used it and the whole folder is removed by the script automatically. But the error is still there.

@amycao Also, the uninstall.sh script already removed the whole folder so I cannot run it again.

Please remove /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.1 and try again.

@amycao The thing is the whole folder is already removed. But it still showed the error “trying to overwrite ‘/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream’”

There is no such a folder in my computer anymore.

How about dpkg -l|grep deepstream?

@amycao
It showed
“ii deepstream-5.1 5.1.0-1 amd64 DeepStreamSDK runtime libraries, development files and samples”

But I cannot purge or remove it. It showed “dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove deepstream which isn’t installed”

If I re-run the uninstall script it will say “This version of DeepStream is not present in the system.”
I can run “dpkg -S deepstream” and it will show many deepstream-5.1’s information. But I don’t know the best way to remove it.

sudo apt-get purge --remove “package you searced”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.