Cannot run CUDA examples in Emulation Mode

Hi,

Right now I’m running CUDA 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Before I was trying VS2008 and CUDA 2.1, but supposedly CUDA 2.1 emulation was broken.

The problem is that this check always fails when trying to run the examples: glewIsSupported( “GL_VERSION_1_5 GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object” )
The resulting errors before termination are:

Error: failed to get minimal extensions for demo
This sample requires:
OpenGL version 1.5
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object

Has anyone encountered this? I really think this is some kind of OpenGL problem, but shouldn’t I already have OpenGL installed properly? For the life of me I can’t find anywhere to explicitly download OpenGL 2.0 dlls, libs, and header files.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hi ,

I am getting the output, when we double clicked on exe for given path.
Can you mention which card(like nVidia or ATI) you are using??its required some card that support OpenGL.

Regards,
Parmar

My video card is an Intel GMA 950. It should support OpenGL, I actually wrote an OpenGL game on it about a year ago. The machine has been wiped clean so the settings are probably a bit different.

Me too, no way to find any OpenGL 2.0, so i downladed the latest software and check with Rivatuner if i have OpenGL (nvoglnt.dll)

(The GMA950 for sure is compatible with the latest OpenGL )

I made a mistake, latest forceware for my card which i hope contain OpenGl

The requested extensions are supported, but Intel only provides OpenGL 1.4 compatibility in the GMA 950. Also make sure that you download the latest Intel drivers from their web site - the drivers that come with Windows omit the OpenGL part - so you’d get OpenGL 1.0 support and software rendering only.

I’ve previously reported this in the Mac forums (Mac Mini also has GMA 950). Some samples could work

if they lowered the requirements to OpenGL 1.4 in the sample code.

Christian