Can't capture rtp video with detectnet while capturing it with vlc on jetson tx1

I am sending video stream with vlc to nvidia Jetson tx1 device from my PC by rtp:5004 port. I can view the video using vlc and capture the video but I couldn’t capture the video using detectnet. When the same video is on the SSD device of nvidia jetson, detectnet can analyze the video but while capturing it with rtp getting “detectnet:failed to capture video frame” error message. What may be the problem?

Hi @user29978, you might get better luck if you try using GStreamer on your PC to transmit the RTP stream. Can you try a test pipeline like this from your PC?

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! video/x-raw,width=300,height=300,framerate=30/1 ! x264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000

Substitute the IP address of your Jetson for 127.0.0.1 above. That pipeline will send an H.264-encoded test pattern from your PC over RTP on port 5000.

Where do we write the name of file to be streamed?

I think you would use a pipeline like this on PC instead:

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=file_name.mp4 ! decodebin ! x264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.