Made a mistake, replace
ConnectedMonitor “DFP-1”
with
Option “UseDisplayDevice” “DFP-1”
and
ConnectedMonitor “DFP-0”
with
Option “UseDisplayDevice” “DFP-0”

I tried the xorg.conf you edited. My computer did not boot to desktop and got hanged up at"virbr):port 1(virbr0-nic) entered disabled state". The nvidia bug report is attached. I also tried KDE desktop. Without correct xorg.conf, the system did not boot to desktop. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you in advance!!

Haoming
xorg.conf.txt (3.14 KB)
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (91.3 KB)

The replacements where wrong. I’m attaching a corrected xorg.conf.

xorg.conf.txt (1.89 KB)

Thanks for the corrected xorg.conf. I tried it but gave the same error “Port 1 entered disable state”. The error screenshot and bug report are attached. I wonder if my problem is specific for my Zalman monitor, or RHEL GNOME just does not supprt any dual display stereo function. I wonder if there is other stereo monitor may work withn rhel GNOME. Thank you!

Haoming

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (81 KB)

Sorry, had another mistake in it. Attaching next try.
xorg.conf.txt (1.89 KB)

I tried the new xorg.conf file and booted to runlevel 3 (text mode). The same error occurred “Port1 entered disabled state” before the computer booted to the text mode. Something in the xorg.conf is not recognized by the OS and halted to continue, but I don’t know what it is. Thanks.

Haoming

Just attach your /var/log/Xorg.0.log or nvidia-bug-report, it contains the exact error so I can adapt the xorg.conf.

Sorry for the delay. The bug report is attached. With your xorg.conf, the system did not boot to xwindow. It did not generate Xorg.0.log. With a single zalaman monitor, the system booted to GNOME and generate Xorg.0.log in /var/log. Both are attached. Thank you.

Haoming
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (97.2 KB)

Xorg.0.log.txt (32.9 KB)

Ok, the xserver is plain hanging, not outputting an error or crashing.
Maybe a word about what we’re trying to do here. Your old xorg.conf used a trick named ZaphodHeads to drive two monitors with different stereo modes. It’s basically about splitting the gpu heads in two vitual gpus each driving different screens with different stereo modes and afterwards glueing them back together using xinerama. Problem is, this broke at some time with xserver 1.18 according to my investigations and since nearly nobody used that feature, nobody reported and investigated it. So when upgrading RHEL you went from xserver 1.17 to 1.19 and it broke.
I’m attaching a new xorg.conf which slightly alters that method, hope it’ll work.
xorg.conf.txt (1.73 KB)

you are absolutely right about the old xorg.conf. We were trying to set up two individual screen with different view, one stereo and the other mono by splitting gpu. In rhel 5 it’s working fine. Within rhel 7 the old xorg.conf is not working. Please make any modifications neccessary to make it owrk as long as we can set up two screens with one being stereo.

I tried your latest xorg.conf. It got hang at "warning: turbostat uses 32-bit capabilities… The bug report and Xorg.0.log is attached. Thank you.

Haoming
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (89.2 KB)
Xorg.0.log (38.4 KB)

I ran some tests and splitting the gpu and opening two screens works but when enabling xinerama to glue them together, X crashes. I’m attaching a new xorg.conf with disabled xinerama to see if you’re getting at least as far as I get so I can do further tests on my machine.
xorg.conf.txt (1.17 KB)

Thanks. I’ll give it shot and let you know what happens.

Haoming

This one gave the same error “port1 entered disabled state” and hang up before even booted to text mode. Here are the bug report and Xorg.0.log file. Thanks.

Haoming
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (86.8 KB)
Xorg.0.log.txt (17 KB)