Can't connect to PVD. "Failed to start Pvd Console" message on Log

Hi,

I’m trying to connect my application to PhysX Visual Debugger, to see if I’m loading correctly a heightmap, but it shows the following lines on the log when it’s opened:

• Error - Failed to start Pvd Console
  • The system cannot find the file specified (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700002) - Failed to start Pvd Console
  • The system cannot find the file specified (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700002) - Failed to start Pvd Console
  • Info - Logfile Opened C:\Users\liordino\AppData\Local\PVD2\log.txt
  • And so my application obviously can’t connect to PVD. Also, the log file is empty.

Do someone know what could cause this problem?

Tried it in another computer, but it shows me the same error.

Just found the solution. You can see it pointed out by UnholySheep here: [url]opengl - How to load and render PhysX 3.3 heightfield - Game Development Stack Exchange.

Basically these messages are normal when PVD can’t connect to any application, and you have to link the CHECKED PhysX libraries instead of the “normal” ones to make it work. Doing this solved the problem for me.

Yes, sorry for not posting sooner. The RELEASE libraries have no PVD support in order to reduce the memory and performance overhead associated with the PVD connection. PROFILE and CHECKED configs include PVD support.