Can't detect the dGPU utilization through tegrastat

It’s DRIVE Software 8.0 for DRIVE AGX and available on https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-drive-downloads now.

Great, but as I suspected, it’s for AGX only. How to get updated version of tegrastats on Drive PX 2?

see if the comment helps for px2.

[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1036238/general/can-t-detect-the-dgpu-utilization-through-tegrastat/post/5269344/#5269344[/url]

As I wrote in #17, I’ve already tried that version of tegrastats. Can you attach the one from DRIVE Software 8.0, please?
Will just updating tegrastats binary be enough? If so, why /sys/bus/pci/drivers/nvgpu/0000:04:00.0/load shows just zero all the time?

Ping @vickyy :) Any chance to get it working on Drive PX 2?

Clarified with internal team. It won’t be available.
You may need to use development tool like nvprof or Nsight.

Oh, that’s a very bad news :(
Is it ‘just’ a question of tegrastats binaries or some deeper OS dependencies?

Do you have some guidelines on how to use Nsight to monitor GPU load when running Python code?

I would say new GPUs don’t have the same hardware monitor which is accessed by tegrastats for the statistics so we won’t keep maintaining tegrastats.

Hi, dariusz.filipski

nvprof is easier for a python user.
Try to execute your program with this command:

nvprof python [app].py -o [filename]

And open it with NVIDIA visual profiler on the host.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m using pegasus with latest drive os versions, i.e. 5.1.0 & 5.1.6. Tegrastats still always shows zero util on dGPU. And /sys/kernel/debug/gpu_pci/clocks/gpc2clk is always zero.

Is it not fixed in those two os versions? If not, is there any plan to fix it?

Thanks!

Dear haoran.wang0gqpx,
Tegtastats can show iGPU utilization and no plan to support dGPU. There was an issue with iGPU utilization which got fixed.
For dGPU utilization, you may check with other profiling tools like nvprof, Nsight etc.

Hi SivaRamaKrishna,

Thanks. I’ll take a look on nvprof and Nsight