Can't find dts2cfg tool for configuring 40 pin expansion header

I’m following the instruction on HERE

But when I get to the step to use the dts2cfg tool, which is listed as being at Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/pinmux/ I don’t know where it is. Can anyone point me where to find this tool to complete the configuring of the 40 pin expansion header?

Thanks,
Scott

hello scott4snow,

the reference link you’d point-out is based-on release-28.2;

since NX should based-on release-32, you may refer to the latest developer guide.
for example, Release 32.4.3, NVIDIA Jetson Linux Developer Guide.

please also check MB1 Configuration Changes for more details.
as you can see, there’s python tool, pinmux-dts2cfg.py to convert pinmux, gpio and pad dts file to cfg format.
thanks

When I try typing pinmux-dts2cfg.py into the terminal on the Jetson, I get an error that says the command is not found. Is there something that I need to install first or is it located in some other folder?

hello scott4snow,

you should execute that python script to convert that on your x86 host machine.
thanks

JerryChang,

Thank you–I didn’t realize that I needed to install a virtualbox with Ubuntu 18.04 and run the Nvidia SDK Manager to the be able to run the pinmux configuration file. I also didn’t realize that the Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/pinmux/t19x was located within /home/USER/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4.1_Linux_JETSON_XAVIER_NX_DEVKIT/.

I’ve now generated a .cfg file, but I don’t know how to perform the final step in the Configuring the 40-Pin Expansion Header instructions, “Copy the configuration file to the default location: /bootloader/t186ref/BCT/”. Is this located on the Jetson or on my x86 host machine?

hello scott4snow,

it’s on your local x86 host machine.

BTW,
you may also refer to Basic Flash Script Usage for flashing the board.
thanks

Hi JerryChang,

Thank you for your help. A couple of follow-up questions:

1. When I try to flash the board using the command on the page you shared, sudo ./flash.sh jetson-nano-devkit mmcblk0p1, I get the error sudo: flash.sh: command not found. Do you know why this might be?

2. Am I understanding the process correctly that after you make the .cfg file and put it in the /bootloader/t186ref/BCT/ folder on the x86 host machine, that I will need to perform the “To flash the target device” steps on the page you shared?

3. Will flashing the Jetson with the new .cfg file mean that everything that is currently on the Jetson will be erased?

Thanks,
Scott

hello scott4snow,

you should enter the path which able to execute the flash script.

correct.

yes, while you perform a whole flash, it’ll also flash APP partition to erase all contents.