Can't install libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev

Hi,

I’m following the document of “ACCELERATED GSTREAMER USER GUIDE” (pdf version), the installation step on the document is like this:

sudo add-apt-repository universe
sudo add-apt-repository multiverse
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-tools gstreamer1.0-alsa \
 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good \
 gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly \
 gstreamer1.0-libav
sudo apt-get install libgstreamer1.0-dev \
 libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev \
 libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0-dev \
 libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev

but in my xavier, I have an error like this:

Preparing to unpack .../libopencv-dev_3.2.0+dfsg-4ubuntu0.1_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking libopencv-dev (3.2.0+dfsg-4ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libopencv-dev_3.2.0+dfsg-4ubuntu0.1_arm64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/opencv_annotation', which is also in package opencv-dev 4.1.1-dirty
dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libopencv-dev_3.2.0+dfsg-4ubuntu0.1_arm64.deb

it seems that gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad or libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev is depending on OpenCV3.2, while my Xavier has v4.1.1.

Any solution to this problem? Thanks.

Hi,
We don’t hit the issue. Do you use Jetpack 4.6.2 or 5.0.2?

I’m on Jetpack 4.6.x.

I think this is a apt source issue, just to confirm, when I apt install libstreamer-***, the source is from nvidia’s special source or the general public source?

If I check the public source, Ubuntu – Details of package libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev in bionic, libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev does depend on libopencv-dev (>= 2.3.0) and on Ubuntu 18, the default libopencv-dev is v3.2 as listed at Ubuntu – Details of package libopencv-dev in bionic

it’s my fault, I might have installed a different version of libopencv-dev or ffmpeg.

These 2 packages should be installed from nvidia’s apt source ( or pre-installed already with jetpack 5).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.