Can't see NvDsAnalytics ROI drawn on the image

I am using nvdsanalytics to detect which objects are inside a given region of interest. Everything seems to work fine, but I can’t see the ROI drawn on my image.

I am using DS6.0 with its devel container, Python bindings, and a Tesla T4.

The following is my config-file:

[property]
enable=1
config-width=1920
config-height=1080
#osd-mode 0: Dont display any lines, rois and text
#         1: Display only lines, rois and static text i.e. labels
#         2: Display all info from 1 plus information about counts
osd-mode=2 
display-font-size=12

[roi-filtering-stream-0]
enable=1
roi-RF=20;20;500;500;500;20;500
inverse-roi=0
class-id=-1

I didn’t set any property of the nvdsanalytics besides config-file. Also, my pipeline is running only one stream. See pdf attached.

Using a probe, I see from the metadata that some objects are detected as inside of the ROI, but if get the numpy frame using pyds.get_nvds_buf_surface(hash(gst_buffer), frame_meta.batch_id) I don’t see any ROI drawn on the image. Shouldn’t osd-mode=2 be sufficient to show the ROI?

Also, I couldn’t find information about how to specify the ROI coordinates:

• What corner considered the origin (i.e. point (0,0)) ?
  • Are the coordinates specify as pixels? If yes, do they refer to the scaled image as speficied in the config-file of nvdsanalytics, nvstreammux or the original video streams?

Thank you!

pipeline.pdf (40.8 KB)

I just realized I needed to add an element nvosd after nvdsanalytics in the pipeline. I hope this can help other too :)

However, I’d like to know the following when specifying the ROI coordinates:

• What corner considered the origin (i.e. point (0,0)) ?
  • Are the coordinates specify as pixels? If yes, do they refer to the scaled image as speficied in the config-file of nvdsanalytics, nvstreammux or the original video streams?

Glad to know you fixed your issue. Please have a try to change those settings and share your result.

Gst-nvdsanalytics — DeepStream 6.0 Release documentation (nvidia.com)

Does anyone have more information on answers for these questions, such as the origin coordinates? Is there documentation on how drawing these planes and lines works? @kesong

Thanks for the update on your issue @mfoglio

Please open new topic if you have any question. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.