Can't update/flash kernel(only) with 21.1

I’m trying to update my Tegra-TK1 Jetson with a kernel I built on the device itself. I’ve been able to do this with the 19.3 revision, but not 21.1. I’ve downloaded the pieces (fs/LT4) and follwed the guides ([HowTo] Build own kernel for Jetson TK1) on this forum. I can reflash the entire system (sudo ./flash jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1) but when executing the kernel only option (sudo ./flash -k 6 jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1) it fails after flashing fastboot.bin with the message: ‘can’t find boot.img’. Any thoughts? I’ve put my updated kernel in the both recommended locations (kernel, rootfs/boot).

Thanks,
Rich

I have not flashed R21.1 yet so I’m not certain, but there is a very important difference in default command line parameters since R21.1. R21.1 uses u-boot by default, you must specify fastboot now…the -k 6 option is a fastboot-only option (although I suppose partition 6 might be needed for “spacing” if byte offsets are used under u-boot).

Try specifying fastboot. If you ever get the chance, convert to u-boot since it will remove any flash requirements for kernel changes.